DIY FeedMyPaws Recipe: Strawberries & Cream Crepes!
Today we'll be doing a dog-friendly French classic, crepes! All you need for this recipe are 3 main ingredients, and the rest is up to you :) Lots of tips below, so do spend some time reading them after watching the tutorial if it's your first time attempting a crepe :)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water (you can also use goat's milk, cow's milk, or soy milk but as with all types of milk, be sure to introduce it to your dog's diet slowly)
- 2 tablespoons flour (I used brown rice flour in this recipe, but you can also use oat flour, buckwheat flour, or keep it paleo by using coconut flour!)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or any vegetable oil of your choice)
1. Make sure you mix your ingredients thoroughly. This is a very thin batter, and it's important that there are no lumps as crepes cook very quickly and you don't want pockets of flour or lumps of egg in your crepe.
2. Allow your crepes to cool before filling them with ingredients. Hot crepes are more fragile and they also melt ingredients such as yoghurt really quickly!
3. Think of the crepes as a plain piece of bread, and top it with anything your dog loves! From fruits, to meat, fish, veggies, the possibilities are endless!
4. When cooking the crepes, use a non-stick pan. This is very, very important. A non-stick pan allows you to cook the crepes without any added oil, and it also makes it much easier to flip them!
ENJOY! Share your pictures with us on Instagram by tagging us @FeedMyPaws or using #feedmypaws and #feedmypawsrecipe, or Like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/feedmypaws :)
Looking to order delicious, homemade cookies, cakes, and tarts? Hop on over to our website: www.feedmypaws.com :)
Keep up to date with our yummy dog-friendly recipes and dog sitting vlogs by subscribing to our YouTube channel! See you soon! :D