This morning I made Banana Pancakes for my daughter, Elle, and realised they’re dog-friendly too!! So I thought I’d share this yummy recipe for everyone looking to make a little treat :)
(This is a treat and NOT a meal replacement!)
- 1 small banana (you can substitute with 2 tbsp pumpkin purée)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oat flour* (instant oats, coconut flour, or buckwheat flour works too!)
- Splash of goat’s milk (optional, I added it as my batter was too thick, you can add water or broth too!)
Eggs are an EXCELLENT source of protein, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals for dogs. Bananas are rich in potassium, vitamin B, and fiber, while pumpkin is rich in beta carotene, carotenoids, potassium, and vitamin C! So an all around yummy and healthy snack!
1. Heat up a non stick pan (very important to use a non stick pan as you don’t want to add any oil). Once hot, turn the heat down to low.
2. Add batter 1 tbsp at a time (you can do smaller ones using a tsp!)
3. Once you see bubbles forming, flip them over and cook for an additional minute
Note: these pancakes cook FAST so keep your eye on them so they don’t burn!
Can be served warm or cold :) Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to a month. They make a fantastic easy treat or party snack for guests!
Happy cooking!! :) #feedmypawsrecipe